Sunday, January 26, 2014

Dave

This is the part where you get to learn a little about me. I’m a simple guy, really. I was born in Salt Lake City to two wonderful parents. I’m the eldest of six siblings. My father is an Orthopedic Surgeon who used the Air Force to pay for medical school, and as a result we moved pretty frequently. He got out of the military in 1996 and we moved back to Utah where he set up a practice and my family has been there ever since.
            I’m kind of an atypical guy. I’m not into sports or outdoorsy stuff at all. I discovered a love of books and reading early on and became a nerd. I got heavily into Star Trek and all things geeky and never once regretted it.
            I graduated from Clearfield High School in 2001. I had been active in the JROTC program there and had a blast doing so. From 2001-2003 I served as a missionary in the California, Sacramento Mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I met a lot of neat people and had some amazing experiences during those two years.
            After my return from California, I attended Weber State University in Ogden, Utah where I graduated in 2010 with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Criminal Justice. The plan was to find work with a police agency, but the economic situation at the time kept me from being able to afford attending the police academy. I found work with a Illinois-based private detective agency in 2011 and have been doing surveillance work as a Private Investigator since.
            In 2008, a friend of mine set me up with a wonderful girl named Hannah, and in June of 2009 we were married in the Salt Lake City Temple. This June will mark our fifth wedding anniversary and we couldn’t be happier together.
            So there you have it. David M. Cook in a nutshell.  


No comments:

Post a Comment