Sunday, January 26, 2014

Hannah

I was born in Idaho, and I was adopted. I know and understand a lot that has to do with adoption seeing it firsthand, and how being adopted feels like and also what my parents have gone through and with my sisters adoption as well. I have always known I was adopted, and growing up (and still today) I was very proud to say "I am adopted!!" When I was little, my adoption story was my favorite bedtime story to be told to me. One of my favorite movies is Annie. Because its a story of adoption and I could "relate" not the Miss. Hannigan part of course, but the other parts. I even have curly hair. So Annie and my hair even matched-which was even cooler!! I have not found my Birth Mother yet. I hold her dear to my heart and thank her every day and pray for her. I want to find her some day and hug her and tell her thank you for giving me to wonderful parents and giving me a life she knows she couldn't give me.

I grew up all over the country. I have lived in every "I" state, Washington, and Utah twice. It was fun and quite the adventure moving all over and seeing different parts of the United States. When I was 11 we moved back to Utah where we have stayed for 12 years. Looking back, I have gone to 4 elementary schools, 2 Jr high schools (boundary changes) and 1 high school.



High school was so much fun. I miss it all the time. I miss being a social butterfly who knew everyone and Ballroom Dancing. I also was in FCCLA too. No suprise there, with all the cooking. And I also miss Orchestra! I went to a different high school just for orchestra. We were really good! We always went to State competitions and we even went to Nationals in California my Junior year. I also worked at the public pool. I loved that job!! I would go swim laps in the mornings and in the summer I would get really really tan.
After I graduated high school, I got my CNA and and worked at a hospital for 2 1/2 years where I learned a lot and how much I love the healthcare field. I also learned I apreciate CNA's and that I never want to be one again. At that time I was married and I was taking what we call "crazy pills" and I took about a year off work to cope with the side effects.



 Durring that time I went to Dental Assisting school where I discovered I love everything "dentaly". I have since tried to find a job and it's super competitive around here and the dentists really want assistants with experience.




 So as I have been looking for a DA job, I worked as a Phlebotomist for Baxter Global Services at Biolife, a local plasma center for about 10 months. I learned new skills and I found out I am pretty good at phlebotomy and my co-workers were fabulous, and I still keep in touch with some of them. I had to quit and find a job where I didnt have to be on my feet all the time because of more meds and new side effects like being dizzy and wanting to pass out and so forth.
Then I worked for the government for a few months under the ACA. I signed people up and helped people pick insurance plans. I learned a lot about insurance. It was a good experience. I now am at home working on getting IVF put together and getting this adoption ball rolling.
I do plan on going back to school to get a degree in the future, but its not in the cards at the moment.

I also have a sister who was also adopted. She is a senior in high school and is an artist and loves anything with art. She loves music and is funny and has an awesome sense of style and humor.



My mom works for a product placement company part time and is awesome at sewing and cooking. I have learned a lot from her and have lots of respect for her.

My dad works for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints as a Manager for an Employment Center and was our wards bishop when I was in the churches youth program. I admire him and his knowledge about the church and how important it is to him and how he loves to serve others.




And how can I forget Daisy. Our family dog. She is spunky and has so much attitude. LOVE YOU DAIS!!!



2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post. As your Aunt I am glad you are part of our family. I remember the day your parents got the call that you had arrived. I was so happy to have a niece. You and David are going to make great parents and I am going to make a great great-aunt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aunt Camille! You will be the favorite great great-aunt for sure!!! ;)

      Delete