Thursday, March 20, 2014

Agency and Fundraising!

As you know, we are trying to raise money to help with costs for our adoption. For everyone who has contributed so far, THANK YOU SOOOOOOOO MUCH!!! You have no idea how much it helps us. You will be blessed for it.
 First off, I'd like to let you all know we have found an agency we like and feel good about, and we have almost all the paperwork done. All thats left is the homestudy, some questions about the race of our future baby and our family profile books I need to make. Yay!!!!
There is another agency Dave wants to look into only because they do there own financing. So we have a phone conference with them on the 30th. I feel doubtful, but we shall see!
A lot of people ask about the cost. For the Heart and Soul agency, it starts at $23,000 but they said it ends up to almost $35,000 after all the expenses like last minute plane tickets, rental cars, hotels and food for when we get the call and then also for if we need to go out before the baby comes to meet the birth mother. It all really depends on the circumstance. Then profile books, a homestudy and dr. visits, etc.
We are trying to live as frugal as we can to save money. We are trying our hardest not to go into debt for this. It's will basically be a morgage payment on top of our rent and other living expenses. I have read blogs and done research and I know it can be done. I pray all the time that we will find ways to save up and pay for this.
So to help out we are doing the gofundme fundraiser you can donate here. Right now my sweet, sweet mom is making super cute soft and washable bibs to help raise money for us. If you want to buy one or some, they are $7.50 each or 3 for $20.00. I post new styles every week on Facebook and different selling websites. So here are some ready to go if you are interested.





 One of my cousins who placed a baby for adoption and I are also going to host a pie throwing booth at an adoption fundraiser fair at the end of May, and I'm going to make cupcakes to sell as well. At the 4th of July we are going to be selling water bottles with our info on the side. Were going to try a letter/puzzle fundraiser too. I am looking for a part time job so I can do all this on the side. So we keep pretty busy around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment